This is another one of my quick pasta recipes – it’s very tasty, super nutritious and low GI! I read a similar recipe in a recipe book, and after trying it out ourselves, we can fully recommend it.
Serves 2-3 people
- 1 tin of Salmon
- A handful of cherry tomatoes (Halved)
- A large handful of fresh basil leaves (Roughly chopped)
- 3 stalks of celery (Finely chopped)
- 1 bunch of celery leaves (Roughly chopped)
- A handful of olives (Pitted and roughly chopped)
- +/- 60 ml Olive oil
- 250g Pasta
And here are the 3 easy steps to making this very impressive pasta…
1. Boil the pasta – Make sure that your water is salted and is boiling before putting the pasta in. You can also add a drop of olive oil to your water
2. While your pasta is cooking, combine all your ingredients – place your salmon from the tin into a medium sized bowl, add the halved cherry tomatoes, olives, celery leaves and stalks, and basil. Pour approximately 60 ml of olive oil over your ingredients (you may need a bit more or less, depending on preference)
3. When your pasta is ready, drain, place back into the pot that it was boiled in and throw your already-prepared sauce over this. Mix and stir!