Here’s a recipe I asked my wife to write up for me:
The latest buzz word when it comes to healthy eating and achieving your goal weight is ‘LOW GI‘.
Upon discovering the LOW GI diet, my husband and I adopted the principles of this and were on the hunt for easy, quick recipes that are healthy, delicious and obviously, LOW GI.
This is one of my favourites – great for a quick Saturday lunch at home.
And kids love it too
- 2 Slices of 100% Rye Bread
- 2 Tablespoons Tomatoe Paste
- 4 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 Handfuls of grated Mozarella
- Dried Herbs/Pepper
- Toast the Rye Bread slices in the toaster
- Spray ‘Spray and Cook’ onto a baking tray
- Place the slices on the baking tray
- Spread the slices with tomatoe paste
- Place the sliced mushrooms on top
- Sprinkle the thinly sliced jalapeno’s
- Top with the mozzarella cheese
- Add dried herbs/pepper to taste
- Pace in the oven under the grill for approximately 4 minutes
- Enjoy with a side salad!