The iMate kJam (also known as the iMate K-Jam and HTC Wizard) is a decent enough phone, but more of a PDA. I’ve had mine for the last month and a bit, and in my mind, here are the pros and cons:
- GREAT screen size
- WiFi enabled is a bonus if you have a wifi network in your house
- MS Office Mobile is pretty decent, though haven’t really needed to use it
- Playing the games installed on it (like “Bubble Breaker”) can be fun time-wasters
- It is damn good looking
- Unless you use the headset, sound is shocking
- The Microphone is ALSO rubbish
- It’s not the QUICKEST of PDAs
- it doesn’t have 3G, only EDGE
So, would I recommend it? It depends on what you’re looking for. I wanted a phone that I could browse the internet at home using my wifi and iBurst connection, as well as a phone that had a PROPER browser for browsing the internet.
If you’re looking for a good phone for actually spending a lot of time talking, then I wouldn’t recommend the iMate KJam. I use the KJam for surfing the internet and reading my e-mails about 50 times more than I use it for making and receiving calls. And if I DO need to make calls, I try to do so with my hands-free kits.
If you want to know how to put a ringtone onto your iMate kJam, go here: “iMate ringtones – kJam example”
If you’ve got any comments regarding this phone (or recommendations on PDA phones), please leave it here.