This is a variation of the traditional Italian Caprese Salad.
It contains the same ingredients:
The difference is in the presentation.
- Take a mozarella ball and cut into slices
- Arrange the slices around the edge of a round plate
- Chop cherry tomatoes and basil into a bowl and add some olive oil and oreganum
- Mix this together and spoon out into the center of the plate
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil over the mozarella and then sprinkle a little oreganum over the cheese
It’s now ready to serve.
This salad is perfect as a starter or an accompaniment to a cheese board on a summer’s day. Or, as a light lunch, if you feel like something small and healthy.
And of course, you should have the herbs (basil and oreganum) in your herb garden. 😉